Q: Is the problem my fuel pump, relay, or connector.

My Tahoe has occasionally died while driving in the last 3 months. I changed the relay because pin 30 was melted on it. This solved the problem for 2 months. It is now doing it again. Could it be the relay again, the connection at the fuse box or is the fuel pump faulty causing the relay to fail? Thanks for your time and advice, Scott

A: It could be all three problems. The fuel pu...

It could be all three problems. The fuel pump may be drawing too many amps or connection at the pump is not making real good contact and needs pump and connector replaced. The fuel pump relay and contact connector pins should of been replaced at the same time. When you replaced the relay due to connection got hot the connector also got overheated and will not contact the relay as good as it should. My recommendation would be to measure the fuel pump amperage draw to see if it exceeds 15 amps. If it does then replace fuel pump, fuel pump connection, fuel filter, fuel pump relay and connector. The fuel pump drawing excessive amperage will overheat relay and connectors at the pump and relay. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to you and perform the work for you.