Q: Squealing sounds when the truck is under load

asked by on July 08, 2016

When my truck is under load, it makes very loud squealing sounds. I had the belts, pulleys along with the belt tensioner checked and they are not the cause of this issue. I took it to the dealership several times and they couldn't find what's causing these high-pitched noises. Do you have any idea what is wrong with it?

Hello. Firstly, I suggest checking for vacuum leaks, the turbo piping for leaks, and the exhaust tubing that goes to the EGR valve for any cracks. Any of those conditions could cause high pitched noises. I’ve noticed that a few owners of your particular vehicle have commonly encountered those problems before. If you need assistance with these checks, enlist a qualified mechanic who can diagnose the loud squealing you’re hearing and make the necessary repairs.