Q: There is a sound noticed when fully turned position in both right and left and forward and backward direction. Grinding sound.

axle problem ruled out, power steering problem suspected.

A: Good question and you are correct. It sound...

Good question and you are correct. It sounds like it is your power steering pump. There is only one noise a bad power steering pump makes, and no other part will make the same grinding noise as the power steering pump does when it fails.

I recommend having a professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your home or business and determine if the power steering pump needs to be replaced.