Q: Dashboard doesn't light up properly

There is a problem with the dashboard light in my car. While I'm driving when it's dark outside, I'm not able to see the dash well, as it's not lit up sufficiently. I thought that the rheostat might be the problem. I checked it and it's working but can't get fully bright. I was thinking about installing LED in the dashboard, but I'm not sure if it would dim. What do you recommend I should do to solve this issue?

Hello there, thanks for writing in. Sounds like you have a few things going on with your 1993 Porsche 968. If the rheostat is working properly, then there could be a few other faults. If just a few lights are dim, then the bulbs may be failing in the cluster. If all of the lights are the same dim level, then there may be a wiring issue such as a poor connection or loose ground. Consider having a certified automotive technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose this fault and perform any repairs required.