Q: squeaking from front end when steering

I am having problems with squeaking noises coming from my driver's side front wheel while I'm turning the steering wheel. My power steering fluid is at a normal level. I tried spraying some 3-36 lube on the bushings. No dice. The noise only comes from the driver's side, and only when I'm turning from a forward direction to the left and back. When I turn right, there is no noise. The power steering and hoses look good. I think I might have to replace the power steering rack, but that's a fair amount of money and time to do. I've also already replaced the u-joints and front wheel hubs. Any idea what might be going on?

Your vehicle may be covered in a few recalls such as the front tie rods and the pitman steering arm.

I recommend calling a local dealer and suppling the vehicle identification number to see if a recall can be done to replace the tie rod ends. If not, feel free to reach out to a qualified mechanic who can diagnose the noise you’re experiencing and replace the tie rods if necessary.

3. squeaking from front end when steering