Q: Car moves in 1st gear and reverse but won't move in drive

My car want move in drive but it will reverse and move in 1. Then I switch to drive after I get it to move an it goes

Hello, first thing to check of course is fluid level. If the fluid level is low, any number of weird symptoms can occur. Your symptoms sound like the valve body may be sticking from a bit of grit or leaking valve, or the line pressure to the valve body may be low. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having the shifting issue inspected by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to diagnose this problem, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.