Q: I have an Acura RL 2005 with 140k miles, never the transmission fluid has been change. Should I change and do the three times flus

asked by on April 19, 2017

I have an Acura RL 2005 with 140k mi, transmission fluid never change. Should I change it? Three times flush method or put some additive and live it alone?

Your vehicle has a Maintenance Minder system, that provides automated reminders of when particular services should be performed. If Maintenance Minder code "3" displays on your instrument panel, you should replace your transmission and transfer case fluid. However, if you drive in mountainous areas at very low vehicle speeds, resulting in higher transmission and transfer temperatures, according to Acura you should have the transmission and transfer fluid changed every 30,000 miles. Not knowing whether Maintenance Minder code "3" has "ever" appeared (and then possibly gotten overlooked or even erased), with 140,000 miles on the vehicle I would absolutely recommend you change the transmission fluid and the transfer case fluid. No transmission fluid additives are recommended or required by Acura for this vehicle. To schedule a transmission fluid change please request transmission fluid service and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.