Q: auto transmission leak,when cold would take long time to shift down and then fine, suddenly leak from around bottom bell housing

Had the jaguar for a few months, fixed a lot of warning problems displayed on dash and has been running great. only when cold and drive off auto transmission would take along time to down shift and revved high after the down shift it wouldn't do it again and drove fine, have not had any leeks apart from radiator for the moment I put some stop leek in it till I can find another one to replace it, then suddenly a large auto trans fluid leak happened and appears to be coming from bell housing after it cooled a bit, there's a lot of fluid sprayed under car

A: The transmission cooler lines go into the r...

The transmission cooler lines go into the radiator to keep the transmission fluid cooled. It may be possible that the engine radiator leak has caused the transmission to get hot and now the transmission front pump seal or front shaft seal is leaking.

The transmission would need to be taken out and overhauled since you were already having shifting issues anyway. Make sure to replace the radiator also, or it may damage the engine and transmission. Sealer is only supposed to be used until a repair can be made and will have to be flushed out of the engine at the same time. If you want to have this checked out, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your transmission fluid leak.