Q: My car won't start and they battery is working fine.

Just yesterday I bought a 1999 Pontiac sunfire convertible from family friends. They have never had any serious problems with it. Yesterday it worked fine and drove perfectly. When I tried to start it up today it just wouldn't work. We checked the battery and tried to jumpstart it, but the battery is not the problem. It will turn all the way to the ignition and then just make clicking noises, but won't start. Do you have any idea what the problem is?

You should ensure that the battery is in a good state of charge. There is a test that can be performed to confirm this. Let say for now that the battery is in a good state. The clicking type noise, when it comes to operating components, indicates a low voltage. Low voltage can happen when a circuit has high resistance from degraded wiring or connectors. A faulty starter is also another possibility for creating this condition. If you would like a local expert to pinpoint the problem, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the starting issue and assist with repair.

3. My car won't start and they battery is working fine.