Q: 2012 VW Tiguan with 33,440 miles and engine malfunction sensor came on and VW dealership quoted me $990 for decarboxylation and sa

Engine malfunction sensor light came on VW did diagnostic and said carbon buildup and quoted me $990. And said nothing is covered under my warranty.

A: Hello, thanks for writing in about your 201...

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan. The Decarboxylation is necessary if you have a sensor reading that you need this done. Unfortunately I am not sure what your question is, however, if you'd like a second opinion on this issue, have one of our mobile technicians come to you and diagnose the warning light firsthand for an accurate repair.