Q: 2012 VW Tiguan with 33,440 miles and engine malfunction sensor came on and VW dealership quoted me $990 for decarboxylation and sa

Engine malfunction sensor light came on VW did diagnostic and said carbon buildup and quoted me $990. And said nothing is covered under my warranty.

Hello, thanks for writing in about your 2012 Volkswagen Tiguan. The Decarboxylation is necessary if you have a sensor reading that you need this done. Unfortunately I am not sure what your question is, however, if you’d like a second opinion on this issue, have one of our mobile technicians come to you and diagnose the warning light firsthand for an accurate repair.

3. 2012 VW Tiguan with 33,440 miles and engine malfunction sensor came on and VW dealership quoted me $990 for decarboxylation and sa