Q: car won't turn over, clicking noises

asked by on July 05, 2016

hey my car won't start. it won't turn over, the battery is fully charged, and when I go to turn it over I hear a loud click on the right side of the engine. I was thinking it's the starter but I'm unsure, a new starter was installed by previous owners less than a year ago.

Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1043.36 Get a Quote

Hey there.

Sorry to hear about your issue with your 87 Acura Legend. That loud clicking noise on the right side of the motor is typically an indication of a broken or lose fitting wire on the starter. A common problem that occurs when people replace their starter is they forget to tighten all of the connections securely. When this happens, the starter is more likely to fail sooner rather than later - or, because the wires are not secured correctly, shorten out and cause a fuse to pop.

The first thing I’d check is your fuse box to see if you have a blown fuse. If so, the problem still needs to be fixed with what might have caused the fuse to pop. To be safe, I’d contact a local ASE certified mechanic who can replace your starter correctly so it will last longer.