Q: 1990 Porsche 944, starts well, shuts off after a few minutes

The problem with my car started suddenly. There were no warning signs, no noises, no unusual smells. One day, it just shut off. I tried restarting it and it started immediately. However, it would run for several minutes and shut off again. This keeps happening. I checked the fuel system and there is nothing out of the ordinary. I had the spark plugs replaced, along with the temperature sensor, coil, wires, rotor and distributor cap. What might be causing it to keep shutting off?

A: After checking for the proper fuel pressure...

After checking for the proper fuel pressure, have an experienced technician inspect the ignition systems, crankshaft position sensor and distributor pickup coils. A malfunction here will cause a stall, as these devices help the computer determine when to send spark and to which cylinders. If you would like to have this checked, a professional from YourMechanic can inspect the stalling issue and perform necessary tests to have this diagnosed and repaired.