Q: 1990 Porsche 944, starts well, shuts off after a few minutes

The problem with my car started suddenly. There were no warning signs, no noises, no unusual smells. One day, it just shut off. I tried restarting it and it started immediately. However, it would run for several minutes and shut off again. This keeps happening. I checked the fuel system and there is nothing out of the ordinary. I had the spark plugs replaced, along with the temperature sensor, coil, wires, rotor and distributor cap. What might be causing it to keep shutting off?

After checking for the proper fuel pressure, have an experienced technician inspect the ignition systems, crankshaft position sensor and distributor pickup coils. A malfunction here will cause a stall, as these devices help the computer determine when to send spark and to which cylinders. If you would like to have this checked, a professional from YourMechanic can inspect the stalling issue and perform necessary tests to have this diagnosed and repaired.