Q: 2003 Saturn Vue. Cannot get car to turn over. Will crank but not run. Have replaced 2 computers, battery, alternator, multiple sen

asked by on March 19, 2018

Cannot get car to start. Will crank but not start. Replaced with new alternator and it drove ok at first except something smelled like burning and seemed like a few underlying problems. Slowly started to lose power and eventually will crank but not actually start. Since, have replaced new spark plugs, new battery, reprogrammed body control module, reprogrammed engine control module w/ key relearn, new engine crankshaft position censor, new engine coolant temp sensor, new thermostat (Code said this needed replaced), new cam shaft position censor. Coils and sensors seem just fine. Starter seems fine and it seems like engine is getting fuel. Security is good. Fuses are all good. Moved some sensors around in fuse box and everything powered on just fine so those seem good too. Previously unhooked lighter wires in case there was a short there but nothing changed. Previously would drive and randomly lose all power, then come back on. Then had difficulty starting it all together. Now it wont.

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Be sure the issue is not old or contaminated gasoline and that there is adequate fuel in the tank. Past three months, gas starts to become suspect. Measure the actual fuel pressure on the fuel rail. If fuel pressure is adequate, check for actual injector operation using a noid light. Is there an actual spark at the spark plugs? If the injectors are delivering fuel and there is a spark, the only thing left is compression and air induction. If you want the required diagnostic steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a no start diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get this resolved quickly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.