Q: Transmission service light on

My transmission service light comes on and off every few days lately. I drive 80 miles a day without much traffic. So I hardly ever go into passing gear. I don’t fool around with my car either like driving fast for fun or anything. So I'm not sure why my transmission service light is on. Do you have any ideas? Thanks.

A: There are many different reasons for the Tr...

There are many different reasons for the Transmission Service Light to come on for your 2004 Jaguar Vanden Plas. The most common would be low fluid level or a fluid service interval that has been exceeded. If you want to have this more thoroughly diagnosed, a certified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to diagnose the Transmission Service Light and determine what repairs are necessary.