Q: What type of unloaded fuel is recommended for citroen c3 1.4i 2002?

asked by on December 24, 2016

Hi I just bought and old citroen c3 1.4i 2002 for town distances and i cant find info on which fuel type i should use, motor itself is in nice condition, works smooth and well, it has around 100 thousand miles, and on gas stations in my country there are 2 or 3 types of unloaded fuel, 95, 98 or 100 octanes. Which one should i use for best drive, without looking at a price because i use other car for bigger distances this one is just for town and around. Thank you in advance and much greetings from small Montenegro. Nikola Zeković

You can start with the lowest octane rating available and see how well the vehicle performs. If the vehicle performs well without hesitation and has decent fuel economy, then you can stick with that octane rating. If you begin to have issues with the vehicle, you can switch to a higher octane rating. Consider inquiring at your local Citroen dealer for specifics on the type of fuel to use.