Q: how long do it take to replace power steering seals

my power steering pump is leaking around the seals, needs to know how to change the seals or the pump completely, can you direct me to a video of some sort to help me do this on my own. Also about how long do it take to change

Power Steering Pump Replacement $158.61 - $1631.96 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Typically if you are going to go through all of the work to remove the power steering pump to change the gasket, you will want to go ahead and replace the pump all together. With the age of the vehicle, it is not a terrible idea to update it although it may have some life left to it. With that being said, you will want to make sure you have extra power steering fluid on hand, and possibly a new drive belt depending on the condition of the current one. You will have to remove it as well, and it would be an easy time to update it. A model specific repair guide will walk you through it step by step, as well as give you procedures for any future work. For more help changing the pump, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.