Q: My brake lights and dash brake light come on while driving.

asked by on March 06, 2017

While driving my equinox, the brake lights and the brake light in the dash will come on and start dinging. It wont go back off until I kill the car. They don't come on right when I crank it but after a while they will come on. Think it might be the brake light sensor?

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

These types of warning lights will generally store a fault code in one or more of the vehicles control modules. The warning lights you are getting may be the result of a faulted brake pedal position sensor or wheel speed sensors. Further diagnosis will be necessary to determine the exact cause. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer look and offer a more personal diagnosis of your warning lights.