Q: Engine makes tapping noise, exhaust blows bluish smoke

My car seems to have engine problems. There is this tapping sound coming from it. The exhaust blows smoke that has blue and grey colors. Is this serious? How can I fix the problem? I appreciate your help.

If you are burning oil and you have a noise in the engine, then you need to have the noise checked to see if it is coming from a piston. You may also have valve problems and oil getting through the valve seals. As for the smoke, there is most likely oil getting into the exhaust. I would have the noise diagnosed to see what it is first. This will let the mechanic know if the sound and the smoke issue are related. From there, they can make the necessary repairs to have both issues resolved.

3. Engine makes tapping noise, exhaust blows bluish smoke