Q: Does it harm my car to shift from reverse to drive while the car is still in motion?

Does it harm my car to shift from reverse to drive while the car is in still in motion?

Hi there. In short - YES, shifting into reverse gear while the vehicle is in forward motion is not good for the transmission. The reverse gear needs to engage when the motor is at lower idle RPM and can seriously damage the transmission if continued to shift while the vehicle moves forward.

3. Does it harm my car to shift from reverse to drive while the car is still in motion?