Q: Leaking from radiator drain plug petcock.

I have a 2000 dodge Dakota. After flushing the coolant, the coolant is now leaking from the radiator drain plug. The plug is leaking even though it is fully closed. I asked the dealership for a replacement part however it appears that the petcock is attached to the radiator and can not be replaced. Do I need to replace my who radiator or is there an alteration solution?

Hello. The only other solution you may have is to remove the petcock and install a bolt in its place with sealant. I do not recommend doing this though as it is not a permanent fix. If you want to repair it correctly, then the radiator needs to be replaced. This happens all of the time as these are not opened often.

If you want to have it replaced, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to replace your radiator for you.

3. Leaking from radiator drain plug petcock.