Q: How many gaskets are found in the upper engine gasket kit for a 2008 Audi Q7

asked by on February 05, 2017

I am trying to buy the upper engine head gasket kit. I wante to know if the "upper engine" kit is composed of 1. valve cover gasket and head gasket only? or are there other gaskets and fittings? Where can i purchase the "upper engine" kit? I have found oil mixed in with my coolant in the coolant reservoir. I drained the coolant yesturday and added new coolant with a cleaning aditive. I drove my vehicle last night. This morning i checked and there was evidence of oil again in the coolant reservoir.

Smoke from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Oil/Fluid Leak Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. You could find a head gasket and the gasket kit from a local parts store or the dealership. The head gasket is sold separately from the upper gasket set. The upper gasket set comes with the intake gaskets, exhaust gaskets, valve cover gasket, and thermostat housing gasket. If you need further assistance with oil getting into the cooling system, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

Hello. Depending on where you purchase the gasket set from will determine what comes in it. Most of the time the complete head gaskets set for this engine will include new head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, valve stem seals, intake gaskets, exhaust gaskets, throttle body gasket seals and the seals for the cooling system. If you are getting oil in the coolant then there then it may be a bad head gasket or it may be an issue with the cooler. I usually pressure test the system to see where the leak is. If you need some assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why there is oil in the coolant] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/oil-fluid-leak-inspection