Q: Air conditioning leaking

asked by on February 05, 2016

My air conditioner is not cooling. The dealer said it has leaks.

Heating AC Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

I would first recommend having the air conditioning system inspected to determine where the leak source is located. Once the leak source is found, have it repaired and have the system recharged. Depending on the type of system you have, it may be a good idea to have your receiver-drier, or accumulator, replaced when a leak repair is made; leaks can draw in moisture and these parts serve as moisture filters for the air conditioning system. This still may not fix the problem, but if a leak is found, it must be repaired before any other air conditioning diagnostics can occur.