Q: My dash lights, radio, and gauge cluster on my 2007 Nissan 350z are not coming on when the car is started or in accessory mode.

asked by on May 09, 2017

I recently purchased a 2007 Nissan 350z. When I drove it home and the next day when I drove it everything was working fine. About two days after having it, when I started it the radio, gauge cluster on the dashboard, and lights on the speedometer and odometer would not turn on. After turning the car off and restarting it a few times they would come back on. It has been about five days now and nothing will come on at all. The A/C lights, door lights, power mirrors, and dashboard warning lights still work. However the radio, dash lights, and gauge pod will not light or even come on. I have checked all the fuses and replaced many of them and still, nothing has changed. I started to pull the radio console out to check the wiring and could not detect any immediate problems their either.

I see no reports of the issue (in the NHTSA database, for instance) you are describing and so there are no obvious clues. You are lucky, though, that the issue is not now intermittent because all that you need do is use the wiring diagram from the Factory Service Manual to trace (using a volt ohmmeter) even one of the circuits and you will eventually find the interruption in the power source. The fault could be a micro solid state relay, a fusible link (not a fuse), a bad ground, high resistance in a wire, a faulty control module on a printed circuit board and so forth. Regardless of what the fault is, or where in the circuit it is, if you request a diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will simply trace the circuit, per the wiring diagram, find the fault and fix it. The service to request is a non functioning electrical component diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.