Q: Donor 5 speed from '95 Nissan hard body pickup. Will it bolt up to the L18 engine in Datsun?

Upgrading my Datsun, I was given a 95 Nissan with bad engine, wanting to know how much will bolt up.

This is a tough case. Even if the transmission does bolt up, the difference in electronics might it difficult to retrofit to the older vehicle. The electronics must be different and there were many vacuum assisted components in earlier years that are electronic in later models. If you are going to swap the transmission, you may want to use a good engine and engine control module as well if it will fit. Either swap will be fairly expensive to perform. I will recommend you visit your local transmission repair facility to have the older unit rebuilt if you are tying to upgrade because it stopped functioning properly.

• Donor 5 speed from '95 Nissan hard body pickup. Will it bolt up to the L18 engine in Datsun?