Q: Tried pressing the clutch pedal and it just flew to the floor. It wouldn't come back until I brought it up myself.

When I press the clutch in there is no resistance whatsoever. The past few days my brake fluid has been low even though I have been refilling it. Nothing felt abnormal about my clutch so this came as a surprise.

The fluid in the clutch master cylinder has leaked out and this will render your clutch inoperative. You need to find out where the fluid is going. Check the clutch slave cylinder on the clutch to see if it is wet with fluid. If it is then the clutch slave cylinder on the transmission will need to be replaced.

It may be recommended to replace the clutch master cylinder and the slave cylinder at the same time. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose the issue with your clutch pedal firsthand.

• Tried pressing the clutch pedal and it just flew to the floor. It wouldn't come back until I brought it up myself.