1995f-150 5.0 automatic isn't shifting to drive are overd...

Q: 1995f-150 5.0 automatic isn't shifting to drive are overdrive anymore.

asked by on September 25, 2017

Recently stopped shifting into overdrive, now it seems it won't even go into drive. Sometimes it works when I floor the gas pedal but not always

If you have not checked the transmission fluid , that is the first thing to do. You might be low on fluid and will be able to get function back by adding some. But if the fluid is not low, at 200 thousand miles, it’s possible you might be looking at a transmission replacement. The transmission operates on hydraulic pressure produced by its own internal pump and when that pump wears out, plus the internal wear of the transmission, the pressure may drop below the point where the transmission can operate anymore. You can have that checked out by contacting YourMechanic. They will send a technician to your home or office to check out your truck and tell you what it will take to get it working again.