Q: Brake lights don't work

The brake lights on my van quit working, so I had the fuses and bulbs checked. They are working correctly. What might be causing this?

Hello. This is typically caused by a brake light switch problem. This is located on the brake pedal assembly and is a common failure. I always test them before replacing them, but most of the time these are bad and will cause this to occur. If you need to have this looked at, a certified professional from YourMechanic can diagnose your brake light issue and make the correct repairs.

3. Brake lights don't work