Q: What does it mean when the exterior alarm sounds for two seconds?

What does it mean when the exterior alarm sounds for two seconds?

A: The exterior alarm can sound in a variety o...

The exterior alarm can sound in a variety of ways to alert you when something is not correct. If the alarm sounds once, for five seconds, then one of two things has occurred:

1. You attempted to lock the doors with the entry function while the electronic key was inside the car. If this is the case, find the keys, remove them from the inside of the vehicle, and lock the doors again.

2. You left the electronic key in the trunk and closed the lid, while the doors are locked. If this is the case, the trunk will not lock, and you should remove the key from the trunk, and close it again.