Q: My 2003 honda civic EX 1.7L is overheating. I replace the thermostat, replace the cooling fan temperature switch, remove the radia

Own a 2003 honda civic EX 1.7L. My car is overheating. I replace the thermostat, the cooling fan temperature switch, took the radiator to get it checked (they clean it up and there were no leaks on it). My car still overheating. the only time I drove it in the freeway with the car on the process of overheating, the temperature went down i don't know why, then when I got off the freeway the was overheating again. Is there another sensor I should replace? Or my next step would be the water pump?...... also my fans won't work UNLESS I turn on the a/c and i even with the fans on it would still overheat. I'll be waiting for an answer. Thank you.

A: It is likely your engine has a blown head-g...

It is likely your engine has a blown head-gasket, worn out water pump or somehow has a huge air bubble inside the engine that needs to be bled. The drop in engine temperature while on the freeway is actually a good sign - it indicates your radiator is getting good coolant flow, and the radiator is doing its job, transferring heat out of the engines cooling system. A YourMechanic certified technician can come to your location to perform a Car is overheating Inspection on your vehicle and help you diagnose and repair this issue.