Q: I was driving my car and i noticed it start making weird noises and then the engine quit working

asked by on September 29, 2017

I was driving and noticed my car make weird noises and drive a little funny then all of a sudden the engine quits working... after i pulled over my lights and radio still worked so i dont think my battery is the issue... but now it wont turn over to start it.. it just clicks like it wants to.. wjat might be the issue ??

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

It’s hard to say from this chair, there is a wide range of possibilities. But you might just be having charging system problems. If the charging system failed a few days before, you can drive for a few hours before the battery is so dead that the car will not run anymore. It takes a great deal more power to run the starter than it does to operated the lights and radio. So that doesn’t necessarily rule out a dead battery. However, if the weird noises you mention were knocking and rattling noises, the engine may be damaged and will not turn anymore. You will need to have someone look at this and sort it out. You can have that conveniently done by contacting YourMechanic. they will send a technician to your home or office to check out your Sebring and let you know what it will take to get you going again.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr