Q: P0900 fault code related to 15B22 TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAMMING FOR OVERT TCM FAILURE WARNING ford recall

asked by on April 21, 2017

is the P0900 fault code related to 15B22 ford recall (sorry for the all caps) TRANSMISSION CONTROL MODULE REPROGRAMMING FOR OVERT TCM FAILURE WARNING

The occurrence of code P0900 is probably not related to Service Campaign 15B22. That service campaign was initiated by Ford because TCM’s were failing to set codes (illuminate the check engine light) when faults occur. Your situation is the exact opposite, that is a code is displayed reflecting a fault in the transmission that will have to be diagnosed. P0900 simply means that the clutch actuator circuit is open. That open could be due to damage to wiring, corrosion of electrical connectors, loss of ground, internal electrical failures in actuator motors/solenoids, failures of clutch motion/travel sensors and TCM failure, but TCM failure is rare (the cause will be found elsewhere). To schedule a diagnostic to pinpoint the exact cause, please request a check engine light diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.