Q: My steering wheel is locked.

My steering wheel is locked despite my efforts to unlock it for the past hr.i am wondering if it's possible to remove the ignition from the steering wheel.

Hi there. Sounds like the steering wheel lock solenoid is not working. To get to the solenoid or to remove the lock, you would need to remove the battery cables (both) and remove the horn with the airbag from the steering wheel. Then remove the steering wheel from the steering column to get to the lock and solenoid. Then you can test the solenoid for resistance and see if its working. A steering wheel lock solenoid that is not working properly will have a high resistance reading. Replace the solenoid if its not working or replace the lock if its broken. Make sure that the airbag is hooked up after you put the steering wheel back on before you hook up the battery cables. If you need further assistance with steering wheel lock, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My steering wheel is locked.