Q: My Camry 2009 won't go past 2 (rpm) while parked and when I put it on drive the acelerator won't react at all. No rpm at all.

asked by on September 05, 2017

My Camry 2009 won't go past 2 (rpm) while parked and when I put it on drive the acelerator won't react at all. No rpm at all. What would be the best diagnosis for me to focus on?

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi Carlos. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Generally speaking, when this type of error occurs, it’s due to a throttle control sensor or electronic throttle control system failure. It’s also possible that a fuel system component might be excessively dirty and needs to be cleaned, such as an EGR valve, mass air flow sensor or fuel injectors. The best way to determine the exact source of this issue would be to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an onsite inspection.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr