Q: ABS/CV axle problems after installing new axles.

Hello. I have a 96 GMC yukon 2 door, 4x4, 5.7L. I recently replaced the brakes and CVs. When purchasing the parts, all stores wanted to sell me CVs with the ABS tone ring on axle. But the old axles dont have the ABS tone ring. Someone told me its in the hub. Replaced the hubs too, (sensor is in the hub) and ended up having to remove the tone ring from CVs or they wouldnt fit. Now Im having abs problems. Any ideas? Did I get the wrong hubs? Does this truck normally run the ABS ring on the Cv? Thanks

Hi there. The hubs to the vehicle are designed with the harness in the middle of them for the ABS sensors. You may have installed the wrong CV axles. The replacement CV axles for the vehicle are a different design and do not have any grove for the ring. If the CV shafts bolt in good and work well on drive cycles, then check the wheel hubs to see if you have installed the wrong type of wheel hubs. If you need further assistance with the ABS issue after installing new hubs and CV axles, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. ABS/CV axle problems after installing new axles.