Q: I am leaking all of my coolant near the rear passenger side tire. What could be the exact cause and how much to fix?

I am leaking all of my coolant out of the rear passenger side tire. What could be the exact cause and how much to repair?

Hey there. This vehicle has a dual A/C and heat system. This means you has a complete A/C heat system mounted in the rear of the vehicle inside the passenger side. The rear system has A/C lines and heater hoses that go from the front all the way under the vehicle to the rear unit.

You will have a heater coolant flow control valve that opens flow to the rear heater as demanded. You could have a leaking rubber hose or the heater control valve in the rear area. The coolant leak will need to have the cooling system pressure tested to see if a hose or component is leaking in the rear heater system.

If you lose all the coolant, the engine will overheat and can cause engine damage. Have the coolant leak repaired as soon as possible. If you would like to get an estimate for this repair, you can enter your vehicle information on our estimator page to get a quote for repairs.

• I am leaking all of my coolant near the rear passenger side tire. What could be the exact cause and how much to fix?