Q: Hi. Jose I got a 2007 bmw 530i and in opinion for year of the car is maintenance very expensive for those cars?

asked by on October 01, 2017

Yea it's just I did have a 2005 BMW 325i sport package. The maintenance was around no more than 1000$ when I had it sadly I lost it to a bank. I'm getting from a private dealer. Thankfully the car was taken care of three past owners and I'm wondering in your opinion is it a good idea to get it and I got in the car when I did the test drive and I didn't hear no funny noise it did sound electric and ride smooth and fast like a BMW should and I was just wondering to see like the maintenance will be for the car itself. so I know I'm getting myself into when I have the car in my position.

Hi James. Thanks for contacting us today. As the owner of a 2009 BMW 128i that just had it’s last payment made, I can tell you that routine maintenance and service for these vehicles is on the average, 30 to 50% higher than a Nissan Altima for example. Minor services like oil and filter changes are similar to many production cars, but air and fuel filters, spark plugs & wires, and especially steering, suspension and brake components are typically much more expensive. The labor costs is elevated simple because it’s a BMW by many mechanics, BMW specialist mechanics and of course dealerships. I always advise anyone looking to buy a BMW, MB, Porsche or other European car to carefully consider worse case scenario in regards to maintenance and repair costs. If you’re on a rather strict budget, you might be better served to buy a more affordable vehicle to service and repair.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr