Q: My car starts but turns off as soon as I put gas into it can you help me?

My car starts but turns off as soon as I put gas into it can you help me?

Hi There, It sounds like you may have a problem with the vent valve solenoid in your evaporative emissions system. Normally the vent valve is open. It closes when the engine computer tests the EVAP system for leaks. If a leak in the EVAP system is detected, the Check Engine light will illuminate on the dash and the trouble code related to the problem will be stored in the engine computer. When an air leak is present in the EVAP system, the MAP sensor will not be able to determine the air density, and the MAF sensor will not be able to determine the volume of air, entering the engine correctly. This will lead to an over fueling situation or an under fueling situation depending on the size of the air leak and engine operating speeds and load. This may eventually lead to catalytic converter problems as well as misfiring problems. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

3. My car starts but turns off as soon as I put gas into it can you help me?