Q: Starter? Battery connection? Something else?

asked by on October 11, 2016

Car won't start but lights work, and battery tested fine. However, there was corrosion on the posts but they have been cleaned off. At first when I would try and start my car it would only make rapid clicking sounds, now there is nothing. Could it be a connection issue with the battery? Or has the starter gone out?

Battery Replacement $232.05 - $357.95 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. Based on your situation, I would say your starter is fine, but your battery is bad. Cold Cranking Amps (CCAs) are what you use to start your car. They cannot be tested and they can’t be charged. You will need to buy another battery for your car. If you would like help with this replacement, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to perform the replacement for you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr