Q: Hello, my 2011 Chevy aveo is stalling at 60mph on the freeway and is smoking from the tail pipe. Do you have an idea of what this

My car recently started stalling at 60mph on the freeway and won't go past that. It's also smoking from the tail pipe after getting off the freeway. It doesn't overheat and my check engine light is on. My oil light is also on but I changed the oil and it's still on. What could this mean?

Hi Nicole. Thanks for submitting your question tonight. There are a few possible issues here. First off, if the check engine light is illuminated, this means that one of the vehicle sensors has detected some sort or mechanical or electrical fault, created an error code and stored it in the ECU. By having a professional mechanic complete an onsite inspection, they will be able to download those stored codes, which should lead towards a possible source of the stalling at high speeds. In regards to the smoke, it’s common for excessive oil to burn when the vehicle shuts off at higher speeds. This could be the source of the oil pressure light as well. I think the best way to diagnose your problem is to have a professional mechanic complete a car starts then dies inspection at your location.

3. Hello, my 2011 Chevy aveo is stalling at 60mph on the freeway and is smoking from the tail pipe. Do you have an idea of what this