Q: Car dies under acceleration

My car recently developed mechanical problems. While driving the engine suddenly went off and develop problems starting. Replaced plugs and vehicle started but has no power to move even after pressing the accelerator pedal to maximum. What might be the problem?

A: Hello there, many common faults will cause ...

Hello there, many common faults will cause your 2001 Toyota Corolla to have a loss of power. Replacing the spark plugs is a great place to start as this is one of the causes. Other potential faults are the the plug wires, fuel pump, failing injectors, low transmission fluid, coil, fuel filter, or a wiring harness fault. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your loss of power and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.