Q: Battery not keeping charge

The battery isn't keeping a charge, and I just had two batteries replaced. The alternator tested good, and the cables on my battery are also good. The Battery Light and Gas Light also came on.

First, the battery and charging system would need to be checked again. The battery wiring from the battery needs to be checked all the way to, and from, the battery, starter, alternator, and fuse panel to look for corroded splices or connection, and repaired as needed. This vehicle may have a bad splice in the positive cable about a foot from the battery. Also, the negative battery cable ground to the body needs to be checked. I recommend having a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, check your vehicle out for you, beginning with a the cause of your illuminated Battery Light.

3. Battery not keeping charge