Q: how do you change a crankshaft position sensor

code P0336 crankcase position sensor how do you change it

Hello there. It is located on the right (passenger) side of the engine under the ignition module in the engine block. You can see it from the underside. The easiest way to see and get to it is to jack up the right front and take the wheel off.

There is a rubber flap in the wheel well you can push out of your way. Be very careful removing it - probably just some basic sockets and ratchet. It’s plastic and the plastic becomes very brittle and can break easily from age and constant heat cycling. If it breaks inside the bore, the only safe way to remove the broken piece will be to remove the oil pan and push it out from inside the block - not easy and very time consuming. Get yourself a bottle of PB Blaster and keep spraying it as you’re pulling it out and gently turning it back and forth. If you would like to have a professional take care of this repair for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to the site of your car to replace the crankshaft position sensor.

3. how do you change a crankshaft position sensor