Q: Car won't crank up as well as some other electrical issues

Even after jumping my truck this morning before work, it wouldn't start. My friend took me to buy a new battery and after installing it, it took several attempts before it started. While driving to work, the lights started blinking and here's the weird part - the locks started unlocking and re-locking as I was driving. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone!! Also, the engine was sounding strange. When I got to work and turned off the car, Everything went dead! What do I do now??!!!

A: This sounds like a BCM (body control module...

This sounds like a BCM (body control module) malfunction. This could have been caused either by a low voltage issue or a voltage spike. If the electrical system is dead, there is a power fuse that comes from the battery to the power distribution that needs to be checked. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and expertise to diagnose and inspect why your car does not crank.