Q: Car won't crank up as well as some other electrical issues

asked by on May 20, 2016

Even after jumping my truck this morning before work, it wouldn't start. My friend took me to buy a new battery and after installing it, it took several attempts before it started. While driving to work, the lights started blinking and here's the weird part - the locks started unlocking and re-locking as I was driving. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone!! Also, the engine was sounding strange. When I got to work and turned off the car, Everything went dead! What do I do now??!!!

Car will not turn over Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

This sounds like a BCM (body control module) malfunction. This could have been caused either by a low voltage issue or a voltage spike. If the electrical system is dead, there is a power fuse that comes from the battery to the power distribution that needs to be checked. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment and expertise to diagnose and inspect why your car does not crank.