Q: My car is making a loud vibration when I sit on breaks.

Maybe about 4 days ago my car started to make a loud noise and vibrate really hard when ever I come to a stop at maybe a red light. The noise would start after about 5 seconds at stand still. I drove the car this morning and it starts the noise automatically when I stop. I'm not sure what the problem is. My check engine light has not come on. Please help!!!!!

A: This sounds like a potentially loose motor ...

This sounds like a potentially loose motor or transmission mounts. These are the mounts that hold the engine or transmission in the car. When these are loose or broken they can cause a horrendous sound and vibration since they are what keeps the motor and transmission in place. I would suggest having an expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home to diagnose the vibration firsthand and repair.