Q: Radiator fluid poured out on driveway

After pulling into my driveway I see that I have radiator fluid pouring out where the transmission bolts into the engine. That area never runs hot, but it did have gurgling in the heater core. I had added more fluid yesterday and it went away. I had driven it about 50 miles and no leaks. Drove to my front gate and back and that is when it lost about a qt. Is there a hose on the back of the engine and do you think it sprang a leak?

Hello. If the coolant is coming from that area, then it may be a few things. Most commonly, it is from the heater core. If the heater core leaks, the coolant will come out of the evaporator drain hole allowing it to hit the transmission bell housing. If that is fine, then it is usually a freeze plug in the back of the engine. The transmission will need to be removed to be able to access it. I usually do a cooling system pressure test and dye check to be able to locate the leak, which will then allow me to repair the issue. If you want to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to detect the leak and make the needed repairs.

3. Radiator fluid poured out on driveway