Q: Reduced engine power light keeps coming on.

The Refuced Engine Power signal comes on randomly and I can't accelerate very much. I pull over and the car shakes a lot so I turn it off and wait a few minutes. Car starts back up normally and usually doesn't happen again.

When a fault/error in the transmission or engine triggers the Reduced Engine Power Warning Light, the vehicle will experience an extreme loss of power and performance and vehicles may not be able to exceed speeds greater than 20 miles per hour. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) will store one or more diagnostic trouble codes for the purpose of diagnosing the fault/error in the system. An issue or malfunction in the throttle control system is most common when the Reduced Engine Power Warning Light illuminates in the dashboard. However, there are other components and systems that will trigger this code as well. It’s always best to have a professional mechanic complete a detailed reduced power light inspection to determine what’s causing this issue.

3. Reduced engine power light keeps coming on.