Q: Car will not move in gear after we bleed the clutch slave cylinder 2011 Dodge Caliber

asked by on November 21, 2016

Is the clutch bad

Car is hard to shift Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello - if releasing the clutch pedal with the car in gear does not produce forward motion with the transmission in a forward gear, then yes, the clutch has likely failed. This would be a failure of the clutch disk or pressure plate. If you are able to put the car in any gear, with the clutch pressed to the floor, then you were successful in bleeding the clutch line. I would recommend an inspection of the clutch system by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.