Q: How to remove inner tie rod ends can't seem to find hex engraving 4 spanner or socket set to twist Off inner tie rod off steering

So I am trying to remove tie rod end from inner side and can't seem to twist Off inner tie rod end due to not finding a hex engravement on it to twist it off

You are correct, there is no hex pattern machined into the component. There is a special tool that can be used to remove the inner tie rods. Sometimes you can get a large wrench to work. There are only two flat surfaces, 180 degrees apart from each other, machined into the inner tie rods. I have also used a pipe wrench before, but the special tool makes it much easier. You may find loaner tools at you local parts store. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to replace the tie rod end for you.

• How to remove inner tie rod ends can't seem to find hex engraving 4 spanner or socket set to twist Off inner tie rod off steering