Q: Dirt in the spark plug housing.

Hi, i got 4.6L V8 i was going to change the spark plug's and found some rocks & dirt in the plug housing. I vacuumed and used pressurized air but still have a small amount of dirt in the hole. Whats the best way to remove the plug without getting any dirt in the cylinder?

A: Hello. You need to get all of the dirt out ...

Hello. You need to get all of the dirt out prior to removing the spark plugs. I typically add a small amount of cleaner or WD40 to the spark plug hole to loosen it up and then I blow it out with compressed air. In some cases I even have to get in there with a long screwdriver and make sure that everything comes loose. Failure to do this can cause some serious engine damage. If you want to have the spark plugs changed for you, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to repair this.