Q: I told no cv joint on rear wheel drive on 95 crown Victoria. True or no?

My 95 crown Victoria rear wheel drive sueeks and rattles, especially hitting bumps and turning steering wheel back n forth. Had it greased but same thing going on. Does it even have a cv joint and could it be ball joints? 2 questions. Pleease answer. Scared to drive it.

It’s true that you have no CV joints in your Crown Victoria, instead it uses a live rear axle, also called a solid rear axle. You are most likely hearing the sway bar bushings in the front rattling and squeaks are from the upper and lower ball joints or steering tie rod ends. You should gave the front end diagnosed and checked to see what is worn out and noisy. The rear end noise may be coming from the shocks and sway bar. If you need help getting this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home and diagnose the noise firsthand for an accurate repair.

• I told no cv joint on rear wheel drive on 95 crown Victoria. True or no?